The Greek Orthodox Ladies Society is the philanthropic heart of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America. Philoptochos literally means “friends of the poor” and its mission is: to promote charitable, benevolent and philanthropic outreach, to preserve the sanctity of life and family, to perpetuate and promote our Greek Orthodox Faith and traditions. Our Philoptochos Chapter, “the Myrofores society” is very involved in aiding the poor, the destitute, the hungry and is ever ready to offer assistance to anyone who may need the help of the church. Women of all ages are encouraged to join this important ministry of the church.
The Myrofores Society was formed by the late Rev. Aristedes Palayenes on May 19, 1929, on the Sunday of the Myrrh Bearing Women, thus the name Myrofores.
Holy Trinity Philoptochos Officers